Let me be honest I miss the single life or rather the life I had with the hubs before we started having children.It was fun.We'd be out at night and I remember the rush of the wind in my face when the car windows are down and just being able to get home full already,hoping into bed after a shower and sleeping off without a care in the friggin' world.Going out not caring if we get home late because all we cater to is ourselves.That was the life before now.
This life I live now though I chose.I wasn't pressured and nobody made the decisions for me so therefore I have to deal.I would say though that I wasn't prepared and really when you've never experienced something you can't be prepared enough.
I will share my tips on how I've been able to
* Organize-create order out of chaos:This is my first tip because I'm a queen when it comes to this.It can never be over flogged the importance of an organized home.It makes life 100 times easier.You are able to find things in the twinkle of an eye.Buy transparent containers to store things in,label if possible.Keep clothes folded,shoes organized,let things be in their rightful places at all times.Make it a habit.It's easier to follow this lifestyle as opposed to trying to organize once a week and keeping things disorganized throughout the week.
I'm very OCD so the last thing you will EVER-yes I capitalized -EVER see is my house disorganized.I feel pissed when things are out of place.Even my dirt and junk are organized.Reason why you will ask me to get something and it will not take me time.I know where to go look for it.This should be number one on any human being's list if you want life easier for you.
* Prepare for the next day the night before:This tip I learnt from my mum.Bringing out clothes for church or outings the night before.Prepping the kids bags with snacks,stationery etc the night before and maybe keeping water bottles in sight so the next day you see it and remember you have to fill with water.This tip is important for me since I take a while doing my makeup and I hate to wake up early.Plan meals the night before so that once you wake up you're getting down to business instead of parading the kitchen thinking of what to cook or running all over your street looking for plantain or egg to buy to make breakfast for the kids to take to school.
* Start your day early especially so that afternoon chores don't meet you doing the morning ones.Now that schools are on holidays I'm so bad at getting up on time so when I finally get up and start the day I do my morning duties way into the afternoon and so I do not have time to rest because many times I will have just a few hours to get the afternoon ones done before it's time for dinner and for the kids to bath so this is a strong reminder to self.This is also possible if you sleep early and if you don't then you'll have to choose between sleeping early or working your ass off all day long.
* Practice selective hearing-Let me tell you what this is if you don't already know.As a mummy this is so key because if I listen to everything Grace says I will get a headache daily.In this case you choose what to hear and what not to pay attention to.Some you ignore,others you react to.Trust me as a mother your body will let you hear the important things.At least I do.So even if it's a single word and it catches my attention I ask again and make sure she repeats herself.There are some things they say to you that they honestly don't always require a response to so if you feel like you must somehow it will get tiring.This is a personal decision but I choose to do it.Keeps me sane for a bit.
* Keep them occupied.I mean who doesn't do this?You don't? How do you cope? Get them toys,books,coloring books,poster colors,crayons,educational or entertainment Cd's.Let them give you a break while you put your feet up and catch up on your latest series or just take a nap even if it's a mental one.Give them lots to do especially ones that won't require them asking you questions if you want complete peace.Just let them color the whole book.I'm guilty I know.I just tell Grace write 1-200,color 6 pages,write ABC,tell the time.I can practically give her a whole term's syllabus in one sitting.Don't judge me till you've walked in my shoes.lol!
These are my tips.Please share some that have worked for you.
"Our children need to be taught how to think,not what to think"
, by Cheechee Live